Indications of Hair Transplantation
Hair transplantation is the only effective treatment method for male pattern hair loss and balding.
The primary indication of hair transplantation:
- Partial or complete hair loss in men (male-pattern-baldness or androgenic alopecia).
Other conditions that hair transplantation is the primary treatment method:
- Camouflaging scalp scars in both sexes.
- Partial or complete eyebrow reconstruction.
- Restoration of mustache and beard in men.
- Restoration of hair in the sideburn and temporal region in women.
Relative indications of hair transplantation (hair transplantation can be applied just in selected and appropriate candidates):
- Hair loss in women (hair transplantation is suitable in women with male-pattern balding, but not a good solution in women with extensive thinning).
- Young men under the age of 30 with type 1 hair loss.
- Men with the most severe form of hair losses ( type 6 or 7).
Contraindications of hair transplantation:
- Dermatologic diseases of the scalp.
- Extensive hair loss due to chemotherapy.
- Temporary hair loss due to some disorders (diseases of the thyroid gland, dietary, anemia, acute stress)