MikroFUE hair transplantation is a minor surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia.
MikroFUE Hair Transplantation – The Operation
Planning: The MikroFUE hair transplantation begins with the treatment plan. The receiving area is marked and then a calculation is made of the number of grafts needed for this area (Grafts are the basic transferred units of hair roots which are taken from the back of the head and above each ear. Grafts may contain single, double or triple hair follicles with some skin and subcutaneous tissue).The front hairline will be designed and marked according to your wishes and expectations. For a homogeneous and natural look, the single-hair-follicle grafts will be transplanted fairly densely along this line.
Local anesthesia: The head is cooled and numbed with narcotic ether. As a result the skin will be less sensitive, to allow a local anesthesia to be administered fairly painlessly. The effect of the local anesthesia lasts about 12-14 hours.
Depending upon the number of grafts, the intervention will take approximately 4-7 hours. During the extraction of the grafts, you will lie on your stomach or side. During the transplantation period, you will lie on your back or assume a half-seated position.
There will be short breaks for refreshments and/or visits to the restroom. During the intervention, you can watch TV or listen to your favorite music.
The stages of the MikroFUE hair transplantation technique:1- Extract the grafts (micro grafts) from the donor area.
2- Simultaneously count and arrange the grafts.
3- Open the holes in the receiving area (the same number as the grafts).
4- Place the grafts in the receiving area (plant of grafts)
For the method to be successful, the technical details must be carefully and expertly applied by an experienced surgical team. Dr. Maral leads a skilled experienced team. Here is a detailed outline of the procedures and protocol his team will follow:
1- Extracting the grafts from the donor area:
- The grafts will be taken using a micro motor.
- The hair roots are easily visible with an eye microscope (3X magnification).
- First, a micro-tip with a diameter of 0.8 mm is used to obtain hair grafts containing double or triple hair follicles.
- Later, still thinner micro tips (0,6-0.7 mm) will be used to remove grafts containing single hair follicles.
The holes in the donor area are fairly small, as a result there will be no scaring in this area and the wounds will heal very rapidly.
2- Counting and arranging the grafts:
- This is done simultaneously with the removal of the grafts. A member of the team will be responsible for this.
- The grafts will be arranged as single, double or triple hair-follicle grafts and counted.
- The extraction and arrangement of the grafts will end simultaneously.
After this phase, there will be a small break of 5-10 minutes for refreshments and other needs.
3- Opening the incisions (channels) in the receiving area for the transplant:
- The opening of the incisions in the receiving area requires much experience and technical skill.
- The number of incisions must agree with the number of grafts.
- The channels (incisions) will be opened using very thin custom made blades with diameters smaller than the diameter of of the grafts. Then, the grafts will block in the incisions and secure contact between the grafts and their beds which is important for graft survival will be provided.
- The incisions will be opened in alignment with the proper growth direction of the hairs in a particular region of the scalp.
- The distances between incisions in the receiving area should not interfere with the blood supply. The grafts should be very easily placed into these incisions .
- When original hair or transplanted hair is present in the receiving area, the incisions are to be made in such a manner that they do not damage these hairs.
Normally, hair in the front area grows forward at a 45-60 degree angle. Further back, this angle decreases, and at the peak the hairs grow at a right angle. On the back of the head, the direction is toward the rear. On the nape, they grow downward 45-60 degrees. The incisions are therefore made in the direction of the hairs..
4- Planting (placing) the grafts:
- The grafts must be placed in the proper direction (the hair roots inward).
- During the placement, care must be taken to place the surface of the grafts in the transplant area a little higher than the skin.
- The grafts are very sensitive structures. For the transplant, micro-surgical techniques and instruments are used.
- Our goal is for 100% of the transplanted hairs to live and grow.
Survival of the grafts (the holding of the grafts in the receiving area) requires the blood circulation (nourishment) in the scalp to be very healthy. The holes should be made very tight and the grafts transplanted in a manner that will activate their nourishment, ensuring a healthy blood circulation. This is a technique that experienced hair transplant teams, such as ours, use.
The grafts and transplanted hairs become integrated after 3-4 months in the receiving area. If necessary, the density can be increased by transplanting new grafts between them.
The MikroFUE application is, as we have shown above, a very sensitive method that requires technical knowledge, experienced surgeons, and a skilled medical team. The MikroFUE hair restoration method is a fairly safe procedure when undertaken by specialists with extensive experience with FUT and FUE techniques.