How did Turkey become the top hair transplant destination for the USA?
Turkey has become the leading country for hair transplant (hereby HT) operations, especially for the USA. In 2014 alone, the size of the HT industry reached $1 billion in Turkey. There are a lot of people pouring to Turkey from all over the world for HT operations and the USA is one of the biggest markets for HT clinics in Turkey.
Here is why:
1. 100’s of Successful Operations from the USA
Due to the influx of Americans visiting Turkey for hair transplant procedure in recent years, there are already a lot of people sharing their experiences and referring more people to visit Turkey for hair transplant. You can read some of the comments of the patients visiting Maral Klinik from the US and Canada below and learn about their experience with Maral Klinik.
- From Baltimore: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-50-years-asian-mid-life-crisis
- From Massachusets: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-fue-hair-transplant-32-year-male-grade-3-4-hair-loss
- From New Jersey: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-american-istanbulrecieved-3500-grafts
- From Michigan: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-31-year-michigan
- From Miami: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-fue-hair-transplant-45-year-fue-transplant-maralhairclinic
- From Chicago: https://www.realself.com/review/levent-istanb-hair-transplant-24-years-4850-grafts-staff-cost-procedure
- From the US: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-24-years
- From Morocco, IN: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-30-years
- From Vancouver: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-fue-hair-transplant-drmaral-fue-age-26-vancouver-canada
- From Canada: https://www.realself.com/review/turkey-fue-hair-transplant-37-year
- From Canada: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-56-years-transplant-dr-maral
- From Ontario: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-canadian-28-year-3000-5000-fue-turgul-maral
- From Toronto: https://www.realself.com/review/istanbul-tr-hair-transplant-surgery-26-years-dr-maral
- From Maryland: https://www.hairtransforum.com/forum/hair-restoration-results-posted-by-patients/99-fue-4750-grafts-grade-6-male-35-y-o-dr-maral-clinic-istanbul-turkey-nov-23-2014
- From Houston: https://www.hairtransforum.com/forum/hair-restoration-results-posted-by-patients/2057-hair-transplant-with-dr-maral-after-two-days
- From Canada: https://www.hairtransforum.com/forum/hair-restoration-results-posted-by-patients/669-hair-transplant-with-dr-tugrul-maral-5200-grafts-for-my-nw7-baldness-first-session
and you can find many more of them online.
2. Better prices, all inclusive packages, no surprise bills (Pricing)
You know exactly how much you are going to pay thanks to our transparent pricing system. Our transparent, fixed price is €2100 including 2 days of hotel accommodation, transfers from/to airport and medicine. The only thing you need to do is buying your flight ticket to Istanbul.
In the US, the same procedure may have a range of cost between $15.000 and $25.000. However, it is almost impossible to learn how much an operation will cost even roughly before having the operation in US hospitals. So, instead of getting lost in complicated insurance protocols and hospital pricing system of the US and worrying about the possibility of an overpriced bill, you can be sure about the amount you are going to pay in Turkey and enjoy your trip.
3. State of art technology in Turkey
Maral employs Mikro FUE (Micro Motor Powered Follicular Unit Extraction), the recent state of the art technology in HT. MikroFUE is a safe, reliable and non-surgical minor procedure without any risk and we have 10 years of experience with MikroFUE.
Most HT clinics in the US prefer to transplant hair follicles with FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) procedure instead of FUE. FUT is an outdated procedure in HT sector, and the main disadvantages of this method are linear scarring in the donor area and a longer recovery period.
Last but not least, Turkey is one of the countries that has the highest number of JCI accredited hospitals. Currently, Turkey has 47 JCI accredited hospitals (#1 in the world), which ensures high-quality standards.
4. Cheap flights
Also, airplane tickets to Turkey are quite reasonable, especially when booked early. Why is this so? This link may answer your question, but shortly, the government financial aid to airlines is forbidden in the US and the EU which creates a big advantage for the Middle East carriers to provide cheaper flights. The average price of a ticket to Istanbul is around $500 if it is booked a few months before the operation date.